(Redirected from Bhagavadgītā)
The Bhagavadgītā (Sanskrit: भगवद्गीता), literally meaning "Song of the Lord", is a poetic scripture written in Sanskrit as part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. It takes the form of a dialogue between prince Arjuna of the Pandava clan and his guide and charioteer Krishna. As Arjuna expresses doubts, and Arjuna explains philosophical concepts to him. The age of the work is uncertain, but many modern scholars accept that it was composed in the fifth or fourth century BCE.
Numerous translations and edition are available on the Internet, including:
- Srimad Bhagavad-Gita provides translations into 16 languages.
- Jayaram V has a complete translation., an abridged version, and commentaries.
- Swami Prabhupada offers Bhagavad Gita As It Is.
- Sri Aurobindo has a version compiled from "Essays on the Gita."
- Sir Edwin Arnold's version is available as a PDF.
- The Song Celestial; Or, Bhagavad-Gîtâ (from the Mahâbhârata) by Sir Edwin Arnold at Project Gutenberg.
Translations by theosophists
- Bhagavad-Gītā Translated by Annie Besant and Bhagavan Das
- Bhagavad-Gita Recension by W. Q. Judge
Articles and pamphlets
- "Two Lost Keys: The Bhagavad-Gita - the Zodiac" by W. Q. Judge
- "Guidposts for Living: Bhagavad Gita" by Joy Mills
- On the Bhagavad-Gita by T Subba Rao and Nobin K Bannerji
- The Bhagavad Gita - A Study Course by John Algeo
- Gods and Heroes of the Bhagavad Gita By Geoffrey A. Barborka
- Notes on the Bhagavad Gita by T. Subba Row. This is the 1934 edition by Theosophical University Press. It was originally published in The Theosophist as "Lectures on the Study of the Bhagavad Gita," then printed by the Bombay Theosophical Publication Fund as a pocket edition in 1897, and by Tookaram Tatya separately in 1888 under the title of "Discourses on the Bhagavad Gita."
- Ravindra, Ravi. Bhagavad Gita. Shambhala Publications, 2017.
- Ravi Ravindra on the Bhagavad Gita from the International Theosophical Centre.
- The Bhagavad Gita narrated by Paul Meier
- "The Bhagavad Gita for Today" by John Algeo
- Bhagavad-Gita at Theosophy World
- The Bhagavad Gita with Commentaries of Ramanuja, Madhva, Shankara and others
- Srimad Bhagavad-Gita
- ↑ "Book Reviews," Mercury 3.11 (July, 1897), 355.