Difference between revisions of "Blue Star Memorial Temple"

From Theosophy Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
{{Template:Article needs expansion}}
 
 
[[File:Blue_Star_Memorial_Temple.jpg|right|250px|thumb|Blue Star Memorial Temple]]
 
[[File:Blue_Star_Memorial_Temple.jpg|right|250px|thumb|Blue Star Memorial Temple]]
  
Line 8: Line 7:
 
Construction on the Blue Star Memorial Temple started in 1923 and was overseen by William H. Dower, Guardian in Chief. Theodore Eisen, an architect from Los Angeles, was brought in to supervise the project. During a ceremony held on January 19, 1923, the center stone was laid.  
 
Construction on the Blue Star Memorial Temple started in 1923 and was overseen by William H. Dower, Guardian in Chief. Theodore Eisen, an architect from Los Angeles, was brought in to supervise the project. During a ceremony held on January 19, 1923, the center stone was laid.  
  
The temple was consecrated on August 12, 1923
+
The temple was consecrated on August 12, 1923.
  
 
[[Category:Places]]
 
[[Category:Places]]
 
[[Category:Temple of the People]]
 
[[Category:Temple of the People]]

Latest revision as of 18:05, 21 October 2020

Blue Star Memorial Temple

The Blue Star Memorial Temple building is located on the premises of The Temple of the People, a Theosophical community founded by William H. Dower and Francia A. La Due in Halcyon, California.

History

Construction on the Blue Star Memorial Temple started in 1923 and was overseen by William H. Dower, Guardian in Chief. Theodore Eisen, an architect from Los Angeles, was brought in to supervise the project. During a ceremony held on January 19, 1923, the center stone was laid.

The temple was consecrated on August 12, 1923.