On December 11, 1877, C. C. Massey, W. S. Moses, J. S. Cobb, and Emily Kislingbury met in London to read Col. Olcott's instructions concerning the formation of what eventually became the London Lodge.
The first meeting was held on June 27 at 38, Great Russell St., London. Mr. Cobb represented Col. Olcott; C. C. Massey was chosen President; and Miss Kislingbury, Secretary.
On June 3, 1883, the name of the lodge was changed to London Lodge of the Theosophical Society.
In February 1909, the lodge separated for a short time from the TS, and changed its name to The Eleusinian Society during this time. In spring 1911, the lodge became again part of the TS, and changed its name back to London Lodge.