Theosophical Society involvement
Hampton was admitted as a member of the American Theosophical Society on January 1, 1913. He maintained his membership until his death in 1958. During the 1930s he was a member of the Omaha Lodge while he was living in Nebraska and Oklahoma, and later he transferred to the Besant Hollywood Lodge in California. In 1937 he lived for a time in Seattle, in the home of the Ray Wardall family of Theosophists.
Liberal Catholic Church involvement
- The Occult Side of Healing. Wheaton, IL: Theosophical Press, 1928 and 1944.
- Transition: A Recurring Experience. Adyar, Madras, India: Theosophical Publishing House, 1943 and Wheaton, IL: Theosophical Publishing House, 1979. This has had at least 3 editions and multiple printings. Also called The Transition Called Death: a Recurring Experience.
- The Mysticism of the Mass. Seattle, WA: Esoteric Christianity Magazine, 1916.
- Reincarnation: A Christian Doctrine. Los Angeles: St. Albans Press, 1925.
- Anonymous, "Charles Hampton [obituary]," The American Theosophist 46.6 (June, 1958), 121.
- Membership Records. Microfilm Ledger Sheets Roll 3 and Ledger Cards Roll 3. Theosophical Society in America Archives.
- "The Church Comes to the United States." A Short History of the Liberal Catholic Church and St. Raphael's Parish web page. Available at this website.