Francis Lloyd was an English Theosophist at whose house, 43 Rutland Gate, Knightsbridge, London SW, the Hermetic Society was formed May 9, 1884. He was also a member of the Society for Psychical Research and was a Freemason
Lloyd was born August 12, 1856 as the son of Col. B. T. Lloyd and The Lady Frances Lloyd and was educated at Harrow. He joined the military in 1874. His marriage to Mary Leckie took place in 1881. He had a distinguished military career in the Grenadier Guards, rising to the rank of Brigadier General with many medals and honors: Khedive's star, South African medals, D. S. O, and others.
He died on February 26, 1926.
- Francis Lloyd (British Army Officer) in Wikipedia.
- Francis Lloyd in The British Empire website.
- ↑ Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, Collected Writings vol. VI (Wheaton, IL: Theosophical Publishing House, 1989), 213-214.
- ↑ "List of Members and Associates," Proceedings of the Society for Psychic Research (London: Trübner and Co., 1885), 488. Available from Google Books.
- ↑ "The New Grand Officers," The Freemason and Masonic Illustrated Vol 47 (May 30, 1908), 765. Available at Google Books.
- ↑ Who's Who 1906 Volume 58 Part II (London: Adam and Charles Black, 1906), 1032. Edited by Henry Robert Addison et al. Available from Google Books.