ARTICLE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
ARTICLE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Charles Webster Leadbeater (1847-1934) was a very prolific writer. In 1897 he was awarded the Subba Row Medal for his contributions to Theosophical literature. Often he collaborated with Annie Besant in writing about esoteric subjects. Young people such as Basil Hodgson-Smith and Fritz Kunz assisted with his massive correspondence, and Ernest Wood helped to compile some of the books.
Books and pamphlets
Mr. Leadbeater also wrote dozens of books and pamphlets. These are some of his titles, arranged by topic. If the publisher is not otherwise identified, it is likely to be Theosophical Publishing House in Adyar, Madras, India or its affiliates in Wheaton, Illinois and London.
- An Outline Of Theosophy (1902)
- A Textbook Of Theosophy. 1912. Reprinted by the same press in 1947, 1956, 1967, 1971, 1975. Also printed by Theosophical Press in Wheaton, Illinois in 1946. Available in 1912 edition at Project Gutenberg and on several databases.
- Theosophist’s Attitude to Death and the Unseen (1927)
- Thought-Forms. 1905. Note: the publication date is often incorrectly given as 1901. See "publication history" for details.
- The Power and Use of Thought (1911)
- The Astral Plane: Its Scenery, Inhabitants, and Phenomena. " Written in expansion of an address delivered at a meeting of the London Lodge on the 21st of November, 1894."
- London: Theosophical Publishing Society; Benares: Theosophical Publishing Society; Madras: Theosophist Office, 1895. Available at Hathitrust.
- 3rd edition, revised - London: Theosophical Publishing Society and New York: J. Lane, 1898, 1900. Available at Internet Archive.
- 4th edition, revised - London, Theosophical Publishing Society and New York, J. Lane, 1905 and 1918. Available at Hathitrust, Books, and Internet Archive. Reprinted 1910, 1915.
- 5th edition - Los Angeles, Theosophical Pub. Society, 1918. Available at Google Books.
- 1st Adyar edition, revised and enlarged - Adyar, Madras, India: Theosophical Publishing House, 1933.
- 2nd Adyar edition, 1941.
- 6th edition, 1953, 1963, 1972, 1987.
- Also published in Spanish, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.
- The Monad (1917)
- The Beginning of the Sixth Root Race (1931)
- The Devachanic Plane (1896)
- The Inner Life, First and Second Series (1910-11)
- Invisible Helpers (1896)
- The Life After Death (1912)
- The Other Side Of Death (1903)
- Spiritualism And Theosophy (1928)
Human constitution and abilities
- The Chakras (1927)
- Clairvoyance (1899)
- Man Visible And Invisible (1902)
- The Hidden Side Of Things (1913)
Spiritual path and occultism
- Talks on ‘At the Feet of the Master’ (1922)
- Talks On The Path Of Occultism (1926)
- The Masters And The Path (1925)
- Man: Whence, How And Whither (1913)
- Some Glimpses of Occultism (1903)
- Occult Chemistry (1908)
- The Occult History Of Java (ph 1951)
Leadbeater also turned his clairvoyance towards the past lives of people around him:
- The Lives of Alcyone, Vol. I and II (1924). Available in three parts at Ahandgholap.net.
- Soul’s Growth Through Reincarnation, Vol. I - II, Lives of Erato and Spica (ph 1941)
- Soul’s Growth Through Reincarnation, Vol. III, Lives of Orion (ph 1946)
- Soul’s Growth Through Reincarnation, Vol. IV - VI, Lives of Ursa, Vega and Eudox (ph 1948)
- Soul’s Growth Through Reincarnation, Vol. VII - X, Lives of Ulysses, Abel, Arcor and Vale (ph 1950)
- The Christian Creed (1899)
- The Inner Side Of Christian Festivals (1920)
- The Science of the Sacraments (1920)
- The Smaller Buddhist Catechism (1889)
- The Noble Eightfold Path (1926)
- Glimpses of Masonic History (1926)
- The Hidden Life in Freemasonry (1926)
- To Those Who Mourn (1913)
- Vegetarianism and Occultism (1913)
- The World-Mother As Symbol And Fact (1928)
- Our Relation To Children (ph 1938)
- The Perfume of Egypt (1911)
- Dreams (1895)
- Starlight (1917)
Mr. Leadbeater contributed numerous articles to Theosophical periodicals. Many of the articles are indexed in the Union Index of Theosophical Periodicals. About 1395 articles are listed under the name CW Leadbeater and over 440 under the initials CWL.