The Maha Bodhi (periodical)
The Maha Bodhi is the journal of the Maha Bodhi Society of India based in Kolkata. It was established in 1892 by Anagarika Dharmapala, who served as editor until his death in 1933. His successor was Devapriya Valisinha, the Assistant Secretary of Maha Bodhi Society. He, in turn, was replaced at his death in 1968 by Ven. Jinaratana Thera, who served until 1983. The journal continues to be published in the 21st century.
Four issues were particularly significant:
- Maha Bodhi Society of India Diamond Jubilee Souvenir; 1891 - 1951
- The Maha Bodhi Society Centenary Journal 1892 - 1992
- Centenary Volume of the Maha Bodhi Journal; 1892 - 1992
- The Maha Bodhi: 2500th Buddha Jayanthi - Volume; 2007.
- Vol. 70-112 - 1962-2004 - available for limited search from Hathitrust
- Vol. 98-99 - 1991 - Centenary Volume is available at Hathitrust.
Most volumes have also been microfilmed.
- Rohan L. Jayatilleke, "Progress of Buddhist Journals," Daily News [Sri Lanka] December 15, 2009. Daily News web page.