The Great Invocation is a prayer published in 1937 by Alice Bailey, and widely used in occult and New Age circles.
- From the point of Light within the Mind of God
- Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
- Let LIGHT descend on Earth.
- From the point of Love within the Heart of God
- Let Love stream forth into the hearts of men.
- May CHRIST return to Earth.
- From the center where the Will of God is known
- — Let Purpose guide the little wills of men —
- The PURPOSE which the Masters know and serve.
- From the center which we call the race of men
- Let the Plan of Love and Light work out
- And may it seal the door where evil dwells.
- Let Light and Love and Power
- Restore the Plan on Earth.
Robert Ellwood wrote of this prayer, "Perhaps as well as anything could, the tone and thrust of these simple lines suggest the distinctive ethos of the Bailey work. It clearly shares basic theosophical teaching concerning human nature, KARMA, and the claimed existence of a hierarchy of a generally invisible but transcendent Masters guiding individual spiritual development and the evolution of the planet. But the work also displays a special quality that might be called theosophical eschatology."
- Robert Ellwood. "Bailey, Alice Ann Latrobe Bateman" in Theosopedia.