Union Index of Theosophical Periodicals
The Union Index of Theosophical Peridiodicals is a database established and maintained by the Campbell Theosophical Research Library of Sydney, Australia, which is affiliated with the Theosophical Society in Australia. It is a major source of information about 151 periodicals, and is continually growing.
The website is at http://www.austheos.org.au/indices/pindex.htm.
Lists of periodicals
On the Contents page, the website lists periodicals in several ways:
- name of publication ("Full List")
- place (country) of publication
- chronologically by date of first issue
- alphabetically by first editor or founder
- as subsets:
- Alice Bailey, etc.
- Anthroposophy, Rudolf Steiner
- Esoteric School
- Judge, Point Loma, Pasadena, U.L.T., etc.
- Outline and Special Indices (not Plain, i.e. not included in Search and List Kit)
- Series, including Pamphlets, regular and irregular
Arrangement of index entries
In most of the indices, there is an entry for each article in the periodical, in this order (where n represents a number):
- Journal, abbreviated as 4-7 characters, such as ThQly for Theosophical Quarterly
- Year, in the format ynnnn, such as y1927
- Volume, in the format vnn, such as v17
- Issue, in the format inn, such as i5
- Month (or quarter) spelled out, such as May
- Page, in the format pnnn, such as p138
- Title, following a single dash
- Author, following two dashes
The recently redesigned website facilitates searching by keyword, title, or author. A shortcut to the keyword search feature is http://www.austheos.org.au/csearch/ui-search.htm.