- 1 Chronological listing of major writings
- 2 Collected Writings
- 3 The Secret Doctrine
- 4 The Secret Doctrine Commentaries
- 5 Wurzburg Manuscript
- 6 The Inner Group Teachings
- 7 Isis Unveiled
- 8 The Key to Theosophy
- 9 The Voice of the Silence
- 10 Theosophical Glossary
- 11 Lucifer magazine
- 12 The Theosophist magazine
- 13 Travel accounts
- 14 Occult stories
- 15 Organizational lectures, instructions, and reports
- 16 Miscellaneous
- 17 Notes
Chronological listing of major writings
- September 29, 1877 - Isis Unveiled, 2 vols.
- October 1, 1879, begins the publication of The Theosophist which she edited and to which she contributed with frequent articles.
- September 1887, begins the publication of Lucifer appears which she co-edited and to which she contributed with frequent articles.
- October 20, 1888, Volume I of The Secret Doctrine is published. Volume II follows in December.
- July 1889 - The Key to Theosophy.
- Second half of 1889 - The Voice of the Silence.
- 1890 - Gems From the East. It was first published by the Theosophical Publishing Society in London and New York in birthday book format, with illustrations by "F. W."
- 1890-1891 - The Transactions of the Blavatsky Lodge were issued in two parts.
- 1892 - The Theosophical Glossary.
- 1892 - Nightmare Tales.
- 1892 - From the Caves and Jungles of Hindostan.
- 1893 - The People of the Blue Mountains.
- 1985 and 1995 - The Inner Group Teachings of H.P. Blavatsky, first and second editions.
- 2010 - The Secret Doctrine Commentaries.
- 2014 - The Secret Doctrine Wurzburg Manuscript.
The fifteen volumes of H. P. Blavatsky Collected Writings (fourteen volumes and index) include almost all of her known writings from 1874-1891, excluding personal letters. It is available online at Katinka Hesselink's website The editor was Boris de Zirkoff. The first volume of her personal letters was edited by Dr. John Algeo and published by TPH in 2003 as part of the Collected Writings series.
The Secret Doctrine
HPB's masterwork, The Secret Doctrine, was published in 1888 in two volumes.
- The Secret Doctrine Volume I: Cosmogenesis. 1888 edition. Full text online at Theosophical University Press Online or available in PDF format at Philalethians web page.
- The Secret Doctrine Volume II: Anthropogenesis. 1888 edition. Full text online at Theosophical University Press Online or available in PDF format at Philalethians web page.
- Pages from The Secret Doctrine: Version 1 Abridged. Selections commended by H. P. Blavatsky and B. P. Wadia. Available at Philalethians web page.
- Pages from The Secret Doctrine: Version 2 Full Text. Selections commended by H. P. Blavatsky and B. P. Wadia. Available at Philalethians web page.
- The Secret Doctrine Index. Prepared by John P. Van Mater. Pasadena, CA: Theosophical University Press, 1997. Available at Theosophical University Press Online. This valuable study aid, 441 pages in length, indexes major subject terms; foreign-language terms with 1888 and modern spellings; and people and works mentioned in the SD.
The Secret Doctrine Commentaries
In 2010 the I.S.I.S. Foundation (TS Point Loma-Blavatskyhouse) in The Hague published The Secret Doctrine Commentaries. The Unpublished 1889 Instructions, transcribed and annotated by Michael Gomes.
In 2014 the Eastern School Press in Colorado, USA, published The Secret Doctrine Wurzburg Manuscript. The 1885-1886 Version with the Stanzas of Dzyan and H.P.B.’s Accompanying Commentaries, transcribed by David Reigle. Available online at Eastern Tradition Research Institute
The Inner Group Teachings
In 1985 Point Loma Publications (San Diego, CA), published The Inner Group Teachings of H.P. Blavatsky. To Her Personal Pupils, 1890-91, compiled by H. J. Spierenburg (Author). In 1995 a 2nd revised and enlarged edition was produced.
Isis Unveiled was HPB's first major work, in which she discussed scientific theories and religious beliefs of the time. Some of the information presented is considered to be inaccurate compared to her masterwork The Secret Doctrine.
The centenary edition and additional resources have been made available online by Isisunveiled.net.
The Key to Theosophy
This is a basic work about the principles of Theosophy, in which HPB answers questions. It was written in 1889. Sources of audio and printed versions, both free and commercial offerings, are listed at KeytoTheosophy.Net.
The Voice of the Silence
This small volume is a guide for those who wish to become disciples on the spiritual path.
- The Voice of the Silence. 1889. Text available at Theosophy Net.
- Sources of audio and printed versions, both free and commercial offerings, are listed at voiceofthesilence.net.
HPB also wrote a glossary of Theosophical terminology. Boris de Zirkoff wrote an illuminating study of the glossary in "Who Played That Trick on H. P. B.?".
- The Theosophical Glossary by H. P. Blavatsky. Available from the Blavatsky Study Center.
Lucifer was a magazine founded by H. P. Blavatsky in 1887.
- Volumes 1-10 and index available at Blavatsky Study Center Blavatsky Study Center
The Theosophist magazine
- The Durbar in Lahore. 1880.
- From the Caves and Jungles of Hindostan. 1883, 1892. Available from Quest Books 
- The People of the Blue Mountains. 1893, 1930. This was compiled from a series of five monthly installments written for the Russian Messenger newspaper between December 1884 and April 1885). Mrs. A. J. Gouffe made the translation for the 1930 edition by Theosophical Press.
- Nightmare Tales. 1892.
Organizational lectures, instructions, and reports
- The Original Programme of The Theosophical Society. 1886. Available at Theosophy Northwest.
- Madame Blavatsky's Esoteric Papers A Comprehensive Compilation of H. P. Blavatsky's Esoteric Papers. 1888-1891. Compiled by Daniel Caldwell. Portions are available at the Blavatsky Archives.
- Gems from the East: A Birthday Book of Precepts and Axioms. A Birthday Book of Precepts and Axioms, compiled by H.P.B. from Oriental literature. It was first published in 1890 by the Theosophical Publishing Society in London and New York in birthday book format, with illustrations by "F. W." The original edition is available at Hathitrust and a recent edition at Theosophical University Press Online. Many later editions were published as books of quotations, without the birthday book format or illustrations. (See also Sources of the Gems by Pavel Malakhov.)
- Studies in Occultism. Available at University Press Online.
- Other Writings from H.P. Blavatsky's Pen. Letters, articles, and E. S. instructions available at Blavatsky Archives. Some are not in the Collected writings.
- A Modern Panarion: A Compilation of Forgotten Fragments 1874-1884. Edited and abridged by G.R.S. Mead, published in 1895. It is available at The Theosophy Company website and at the Blavatsky Archives.
- Pamphlets by H. P. Blavatsky. A compilation of articles arranged by topics by the United Lodge of Theosophists. Available at Ultindia.org
- Blavatsky Speaks. A compilation of articles arranged by topics available at Philaletheians.co.uk
- Theosophical Literature by H. P. Blavatsky. A collection of books and articles available at the Theosophy Library Online
- Boris de Zirkoff, "Who Played That Trick on H. P. B.?", Theosophia (Winter 1967-68). The article was posted on the Theos-Talk discussion list on May 11, 2001, and is available at Theos-Talk.
- Library of Congress registration card. Records Series 16. Book Publishing. Theosophical Society in America Archives.