Blue Star Memorial Temple

From Theosophy Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Blue Star Memorial Temple

The Blue Star Memorial Temple building is located on the premises of The Temple of the People, a Theosophical community founded by William H. Dower and Francia A. La Due in Halcyon, California.

History

Construction on the Blue Star Memorial Temple started in 1923 and was overseen by William H. Dower, Guardian in Chief. Theodore Eisen, an architect from Los Angeles, was brought in to supervise the project. During a ceremony held on January 19, 1923, the center stone was laid.

The temple was consecrated on August 12, 1923.