Dane Rudhyar was an American writer, composer, artist, and astrologer.
Dane Rudhyar was born in Paris on March 23, 1895 under the name Daniel Chennevière.
Theosophical Society connection
Music and compositions
According to The American Theosophist in 1980,
Dane Rudhyar, who has contributed generously to The American Theosophist through the years, was recently awarded an honorary degree of Doctor in Humane Letters from John F. Kennedy University in Orinda, California and an honorary degree of Doctor in Transpersonal Philosophy by the California Institute of Transpersonal Psychology in Menlo Park.
Mr. Rudhyar died in San Francisco on September 13, 1985.
Dane Rudhyar published more than forty books and hundreds of articles, mostly concerning astrology and spirituality. The Union Index of Theosophical Periodicals lists 83 articles by or about Dane Rudhyar from nine different periodicals.
A lengthy list of his books can be found in Dane Rudyar: A Bibliographical Checklist at DailyRareBooks.com.
- "Dane Rudhyar" at Astro Databank.
- "Dane Rudhyar Natal Horoscope" at Khaldea.com.
- "An Introduction to Dane Rudhyar" by Mari Garcia and Joy Usher.
- "An Illustrated Biographic Sketch".
- "A Brief Overview of Dane Rudhyar's Approach to Cycles" by Nicki Michaels.
- "The Riddle of the USA Horoscope" at Khaldea.com.
- The Astrology Recordings of Dane Rudhyar at BeyondSunSigns.com.
- Membership Ledger Cards. Microfilm reel #6. Theosophical Society in America Archives.
- "Dane Rudhyar Receives Honors", The American Theosophist 68.8 (Aug/Sept 1980), 263.