Parent Society

From Theosophy Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Parent Society referred to the Headquarters of the Theosophical Society. It was established in New York from November 17, 1875 until December 17, 1878 when Mme. Blavatsky and Col. Olcott left for India. In February 16, 1879 they established the Parent Society in Bombay until December 19, 1882, when the Headquarters was transferred to Adyar, in Madras (now Chennai).