The Harbinger of Light (periodical)
The Harbinger of Light was a Spiritualistic magazine published in Melbourne, Australia. The original subtitle was "a new monthly journal devoted to zoistic science, free thought, spiritualism and the harmonial philosophy," but that changed to "a monthly journal devoted to psychology, occultism, and spiritual philosophy." It was founded in September 1870 by William H. Terry, under "direct spiritual injunction". Mr. Terry became a member of the Theosophical Society in March, 1880, and during his editorship the journal not only covered the field of Spiritualism but also carried a history of the activities of the T.S. and its Founders.
Publication continued until October, 1954. The periodical is available in microfilm at the National Library of Australia.
- William Henry Terry by F. B. Smith
- Geoffrey A. Barborka, H. P. Blavatsky, Tibet and Tulku, (Adyar, Madras: The Theosophical Press, 1966), 259, fn.