Manly Palmer Hall
ARTICLE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
ARTICLE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Apart from a short spell at a military school, he was without formal education. In California he came under the influence of the Theosophical Society. He began his public career in 1920 in Santa Monica, giving a series of lectures on reincarnation. He became a lifelong admirer of H. P. Blavatsky and her Secret Doctrine.
Lectures and teaching
Theosophical Society connections
Philosophical Research Society (PRS)
The Secret Teachings of All Ages
In addition to his master work The Secret Teachings of All Ages, known at first as Encyclopedia of Symbolical Philosophy, Hall left a large body of writings.
Hall published The All-Seeing Eye, a monthly periodical, from May 1923 to September 1931 with a gap 1928-1930. There is an index to the articles on the ManlyPHall.info website. Issues of The All-Seeing Eye are available in digital format:
- Scattered issues at ManlyPHall.info website.
- Volume 2, number 1, November, 1923 at RealityChange.net.
- Volume 5, 1930-31 at IAPSOP website.
Books and pamphlets
- The Initiates of the Flame. 1922. The first published book by Hall.
- The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry. 1923.
- Lectures in Ancient Philosophy: An Introduction to Practical Ideals.
- The Adepts Series.
- Shadow Forms. 1928. "Tales of ceremonial magic, of uncanny intuition... full of thrills and of thought-provoking situations."
- Essay on the Fundamental Principles of Occultism. 1929.
- Lectures on Ancient Philosophy—An Introduction to the Study and Application of Rational Procedure. 1929.
- The Mystery of Electricity. Pamphlet.
- Right Thinking: the Royal Road to Health. Pamphlet.
- The Judgment of the Soul and The Mystery of Coming Forth by Day. Pamphlet. A study in Egyptian metaphysics.
- Lady of Dreams: A fable in the manner of the Chinese. Los Angeles, 1943.
- The Secret Destiny of America. 1944.
- America's Assignment with Destiny. 1951.
- Reincarnation: the Cycle of Necessity.
- Man: the Grand Symbol of the Mysteries.
- The Blessed Angels: A Monograph. 1980.
- Meditation Symbols In Eastern & Western Mysticism-Mysteries of the Mandala. 1988.
Introductions and contributions
- Prologue to John H. Manas' Life's Riddle Solved. Pythagorean Society. Prologue is "prose poetry."
- Introduction to Max Heindel's Blavatsky and The Secret Doctrine., 1933.
- Chapter in Virginia Hanson's anthology on mysticism The Silent Encounter. Wheaton, Illinois: Theosophical Publishing House, 1974.
- Contributor to The Rainbow Book by the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. Berkeley, California: Shambhala Publications, 1975.
- The Manly P. Hall Archive
- Manly P. Hall: Resources and Inspirations
- Manly Palmer Hall Natal Horoscope at Khaldea.
- Wouter J. Hanegraaff, Dictionary of Gnosis & Western Esotericism Volume 1, (Leiden, The Netherlands: Koninklijke Brill, 2005), 455.
- Advertisement in The Theosophical Messenger 15.9 (February 1928), 216.
- G. A. O. "Book Reviews" The American Theosophist 32.12 (Dec 1944), 289.