Manly Palmer Hall
Apart from a short spell at a military school, he was without formal education. In California he came under the influence of the Theosophical Society. He began his public career in 1920 in Santa Monica, giving a series of lectures on reincarnation. He became a lifelong admirer ofH. P. Blavatsky and her Secret Doctrine.
Lectures and teaching
Theosophical Society connections
Philosophical Research Society (PRS)
The Secret Teachings of All Ages
In addition to his master work The Secret Teachings of All Ages, Hall left a large body of writings.
Hall published The All-Seeing Eye, a monthly periodical, from May 1923 to September 1931 with a gap 1928-1930. There is an index to the articles on the ManlyPHall.info website. Issues of The All-Seeing Eye are available in digital format:
- Scattered issues at ManlyPHall.info website.
- Volume 2, number 1, November, 1923 at RealityChange.net.
- Volume 5, 1930-31 at IAPSOP website.
- The Initiates of the Flame. 1922. The first published book by Hall.
- The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry. 1923.
- Lectures in Ancient Philosophy: An Introduction to Practical Ideals.
- The Adepts Series.
- Lectures on Ancient Philosophy—An Introduction to the Study and Application of Rational Procedure. 1929.
- Introduction to Max Heindel's Blavatsky and The Secret Doctrine., 1933.
- Lady of Dreams: A fable in the manner of the Chinese. Los Angeles, 1943.
- The Secret Destiny of America. 1944.
- America's Assignment with Destiny. 1951.
- The Blessed Angels: A Monograph. 1980.
- Meditation Symbols In Eastern & Western Mysticism-Mysteries of the Mandala. 1988.
- The Manly P. Hall Archive
- Manly P. Hall: Resources and Inspirations
- Manly Palmer Hall Natal Horoscope at Khaldea.
- Wouter J. Hanegraaff, Dictionary of Gnosis & Western Esotericism Volume 1, (Leiden, The Netherlands: Koninklijke Brill, 2005), 455.