May 8 is the 128th day of the year (129th in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar. It is preceded by May 7, and succeeded by May 9. Following May 8, there are 237 days in the year (238 in leap years).
Blavatsky's Gem of the Day
"Purity and impurity belong to oneself; no one can purify another."
- 1917 – The Women's Indian Association was founded by Dorothy Jinarājadāsa and Margaret Cousins.
- 1986 – Society for Psychical Research publishes J'Accuse: An Examination of the Hodgson Report of 1885 by Vernon Harrison refuting the Hodgson Report.
- None listed for this date.
- 1891 – Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, Co-founder of Theosophical Society, at 19 Avenue Road, London (b. August 12, 1831).
Holidays and observances
- White Lotus Day, celebrated by Theosophists in honor of the death of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky