December 26 is the 360th day of the year (361st in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar. It is preceded by December 25, and succeeded by December 27. Following December 26, there are 5 days in the year.
Blavatsky's Gem of the Day
"He that is so anxious about being talked of when he is dead, does not consider that all who knew him will quickly be gone."
- 1879 – A. P. Sinnett and Patience Sinnett became members of the Theosophical Society.
- 1889 – Col. Olcott left London for Colombo, Ceylon. This was the last time he would see Mme. Blavatsky alive.
- 1917 – Annie Besant gave a Presidential Address "The Case for India" at the 32nd session of the Indian National Congress, Calcutta, which she presides.
- 1875 – Pekka Ervast, writer, lecturer, clairvoyant, and linguist; founder of Finnish Section of TS Adyar (d. May 21, 1934).
- 1900 – Sven Eek, Point Loma Theosophist who wrote about Damodar K. Mavalankar (d. December 30, 1966)
- 1979 – John B. S. Coats, sixth President of the Theosophical Society (Adyar), serving from 1973-1979. (b. July 8, 1906)
Holidays and observances
- None listed for this date.