Jump to navigation Jump to search
October 30 is the 303rd day of the year (304th in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar. It is preceded by October 29, and succeeded by October 31. Following October 30, there are 62 days in the year.
Blavatsky's Gem of the Day
- 1875 – The Bylaws of the future Theosophical Society were discussed and adopted, and the officers elected.
- 1886 – The American Section of the Theosophical Society was established at a convention in Cincinnati.
- 1885 – A. T. Bondy, expert illuminator of The Three Objects and American Theosophist. (d. August 7, 1966)
- 1883 – Swami Dayānand Sarasvatī, important Hindu religious leader of his time, founder of Arya Samaj with which the Theosophical Society was associated for a time. (b. February 12, 1824)
- 1919 – Ella Wheeler Wilcox, American poet and journalist (b. November 5, 1850)
Holidays and observances
- None listed for this date.