October 27 is the 300th day of the year (301st in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar. It is preceded by October 26, and succeeded by October 28. Following October 27, there are 65 days in the year.
Blavatsky's Gem of the Day
"Whoso heeds not a plaint, confesses his own meanness; and whoso makes a merit of his charity, incurs reproach."
- 1874 – Helena Petrovna Blavatsky wrote her first article for the Daily Graphic, entitled “Marvellous Spirit Manifestations,” which is published Oct. 30.
- 1824 – Edward Maitland, English humanitarian, writer, and seer (d. October 2, 1897).
- 1898 – Virginia Hanson, American Theosophist, editor, and writer (d. May 27, 1991).
- 1905 – Akbar, Mughal Emperor from 1556 until 1605 (b. 1542)
- 1913 – William H. Terry, the founder and editor of the Spiritualist magazine Harbinger of Light, who received a note from Master M. (b. 1836)
Holidays and observances
- None listed for this date.